Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Where do I begin? As I'm writing this, I am trying so hard to hold back tears. We've lost an icon, a superstar, a global humanitarian, a trend setter, an entertainer, an artist in every sense of the word. He was revolutionary. He was "Bad" He was "Invincible", and listening to his music gave me "Butterflies". He paved the way with his moonwalk for people of color to get their records played on stations where our music wasn't allowed. He was loved literally all over this planet. And even though his words were in English, he would travel the entire world just to "Rock with You". He was my dad's favorite artist of all time. They were the same age. 50 years old. I remember as a kid, my dad blasting Michael's music. Us watching that Thriller video, and having the living daylights scared outta me, then being sent to bed (young parents I tell ya). My dad had all his albums. I remember my twin brother with the red thriller jacket and glove. MJ's voice was captivating, and so soothing. I knew he was too old for me, and so at a young I promised myself I would marry a "Michael"....lol. I was just so in love with his music and his name.

Now with his dramatic death, I've been pondering about the purpose of death. Why is it so brutal, so painful, so necessary?
I'm told God only knows. And to live in the moment. God isn't done with me yet. I'm here for a purpose, and in my own way I can leave my mark as well.

Michael you will be missed.
Hope you're still entertaining...wherever you are
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment